FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProjects Seeking ContributorsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
This is a list of the WikiProject that are currently active and working on content. The projects are always seeking contributors, so feel free to join a group and have fun! If you would like help with organizing a FamilySearch WikiProject, please send your request through the Help link above.
Creating New Projects
If you would like to create a new project, following the naming conventions for WikiProjects to help make your project easy to find:
- The name of the project should begin with the word "FamilySearch Wiki" and followed by a colon :
- After the colon type the word "WikiProject"
- The type the name of the project. Example: FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Utah
- Be sure to add the new project to the list below, under the subject heading that is related to the new project:
For more details about naming new WikiProject pages, see FamilySearch Wiki:Naming Conventions for Project Pages
FamilySearch Records Project
Historical Records Wiki Pages
- FamilySearch Records -- add content to articles describing collections on FamilySearch Historical Records
FamilySearch Indexing Projects
- See xxx for more details
United States Projects
|Idaho||adding content to the county pages of Idaho|
|Indians of North America||The Indians of North America, including their history, types of records, the location of those records, web sites of interest, and much more|
|Maryland News and Events||needs volunteers to find genealogical news and events relating to Maryland and link to them from the News and Events section of the Maryland Portal.|
|New York||cleaning, correcting links, adding content to the county pages of New York.|
|Rural Records of the Southern United States||J. Mark Lowe’s rural and agricultural records project|
|U.S. Vital Records||Rewriting the U.S. Vital Records page and all the state vital records pages|
- See the Sweden project page for more details.
- See the Ireland Court Records project page for more details.
England Content Project
- The England Barn Raising project has launched! Tasks await English experts, wiki experts, and volunteers willing to help with routine editing. Anyone willing to help can sign up now.
Danish Articles Revision Project
- Denmark has several individual projects that need volunteers to help with expanding and improving content about Danish research.
Improving Your Wiki User Page Project
The Professional Genealogist User Page Project
- The Professional Genealogists wiki project will help professional genealogical researchers market their services for free on their user pages.
Wiki Content Improvement Projects
PERSI Linking Project
BYU Books Archive Linking Project
- WikiProject Linking to Books in the BYU Family History Archives needs volunteers to link wiki pages to digitized county and state histories on the BYU Family History Archives site.
Julian and Gregorian Calendar Project
- The Julian and Gregorian calendars page is an article with very little content. Work with others or by yourself to improve the information on this page.
The Barbour Collection Project
- The Barbour Collection is a small article that needs lots of improvement! Work with others or by yourself to improve the content on this page.
Wiki Development Projects
Portals to un-portals
- Portals to un-portal pages All portal pages on the wiki need to be converted to un-portal pages. Questions can be directed to Laralee
Copy Old FamilySearch Content
- Copying Research Guidance and Help Content from FamilySearch.org into the Wiki.
FamilySearch Topic Taxonomy Project
- See xxx for more details.
FamilySearch Place Standards Project
WikiProject - Support
WikiProject Support - this project will transition the support to the Worldwide Support teams known as Tier 2 and Tier 3. In addition, both tiers will continue to work with the community members who are interested in any of the maintenance or governance aspects of the wiki. Consequently, anyone interested in wiki maintenance is invited to participate in this project. Please see the project page for details.