FamilySearch Wiki:Wiki Support/Reading ListEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Administrators and support volunteers are expected to have an intimate understanding of the FamilySearch Research Wiki policies and guidelines. With that understanding is a requirement to consistently demonstrate this comprehension. This is especially paramount regarding the use of abilities entrusted to administrators and several roles related to administration which are unavailable to regular users and editors of the FamilySearch Research Wiki.
There are numerous pages in the wiki that describe usage, editing, maintenance, and governance aspects of the wiki. Out of all the documentation available to administration and support, the following items are considered highly recommended reading material. These pages detail prerequisite knowledge required by those who serve in administrative and support roles.
Your Foundational Knowledge
- Help:Diff - understanding the difference between two edits on a given page.
- The rollback feature available in the wiki, but not yet documented.
- FamilySearch Wiki:Policies
- Help:Namespaces - the list states that the FamilySearch Wiki namespace is for policies.
- FamilySearch Wiki:GSWAC/Requests
- FamilySearch Wiki:Community Council/Requests
- FamilySearch Wiki:Mediation Requests
Creating Archive Pages
- Help:Special pages
- Help:Wiki markup
- Help:Tracking changes
- Help:New pages
- Help:New images
- Help:Recent changes
- This page was last modified on 30 October 2015, at 18:36.
- This page has been accessed 1,777 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News