FamilySearch Wiki:Wiki Support/Responsibilities and ProjectsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Wiki Support > Responsibilities and Projects
Priority 1: Training Meetings for Contributors and Researchers
- Evaluate current meetings to see if they fit the needs of our Community
- Reach out to Community to invite their participation
- Get input from the Community to ascertain their needs and wants for training meetings and materials
Wiki Policies and Guidelines
Priority 1: Role Management
The Wiki provides several different types of roles. Having an understanding of the different roles and the process by which a user can have their role changed is critical. The Management of the roles for different users will be an ongoing task for the Wiki Support Team Leaders.
- Manage the roles for all support staff who come and go.
- Manage other roles within the wiki held by staff, missionaries, volunteers, and the general wiki community.
- See the following pages for details about role management:
- Administrators in the wiki will come and go. The role will need changing for those who are no longer administrators.
- Reviewers are typically those who are assigned to upload images to the wiki. The Reviewers are constantly changing, therefore the role will need to be removed when the user is no longer assigned to upload images.
- Moderators for the wiki content will come and go. The moderator role assigned to the users will need changing accordingly. See FamilySearch Wiki:Moderator for documentation related to the moderator role. Pages in the wiki related the moderator role include:
- Be familiar with all the Maintenance Templates.
- Review the documentation for each template. The documentation resides on each individual template page.
- Review the category page for each template to see the current list of pages that have had the template added to the page.
- Provide support and follow-up on the maintenance templates. The community members who are contributing content should be encouraged to respond to the requests for content from some of the templates (citations needed, ambiguous page title, outdated articles, etc.)
- Reporting on the status of the maintenance templates is something that needs to be developed.
Priority 1: Watching Important Content
- Go through the help pages and watch any under your area of responsibility. (You could watch all Help pages, for example, or just a sub-set of them.)
- When you receive emails on changes, scan changes for anything you might feel a need to review for accuracy.
- Use the opportunity to teach others if you see any problems with the editing of the pages you are watching.
Priority 2: Wiki Tours, Demos, Overviews, etc.
Numerous articles about using the wiki exist as content pages in the wiki. An overall review, organization, and content improvement will be an ongoing task for the tier two community. All pages related to tours, demos, overviews, etc. should be identified, edited, and managed on an ongoing basis:
- The wiki Help:Tour page(s) were created to help people use the wiki. Basically this is a different type of help. Revisions to the content may be needed.
- The Help:Videos and Lessons page lists the multimedia demos available in the wiki.
- The Help:Wiki Overview page is another page that was created to help the users understand and use the wiki to find answers to their research questions.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback