FamilySearch Wiki Contributors Meeting/Archives2Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Purpose and Time
| Come forge solutions with other community contributors. We discuss content, best practices, community, and strategy. This is a conference call meeting every Tuesday from 1:00-2:00 PM (mountain time). Community members are welcome to suggest topics for the agenda by posting in the Contributor's Corner Forum thread or by adding to the weekly agenda Talk pages.
Here you may view past user group meeting notes and meeting recordings. Please click on one of the links below to view our archived content. Learn something new that makes it easier and more fun to contribute to the wiki.
2012 Meeting Agenda's
- 29 November 2012 Meeting
- 22 November 2012 - no meeting will be held this week due to Thanksgiving in the US.
- 15 November 2012 Meeting
- 8 November 2012 Meeting
- 1 November 2012 Meeting
Purpose of the meeting
- To forge solutions with other community contributors.
- To discuss content, community, best practices, current issues, and strategy.<br>
First half of meeting:
- Introduce new members
- Outstanding discussion items that need resolution (Forum issues, Policies/Manual of Style)
- What are you working on? Do you need people to come in and help?
- Ratings from Thumbs up/down
Second half of meeting: Rotation of topics
- Moderators and adopters: Learn from one another. What are you doing? Obstacles and getting the help to move beyond them. Collaborating.
- Training wanted: Add to the agenda early so experts and interested parties can be specifically invited
- Projects needing volunteers:
- Improve the Wiki: Resolve current issues and pending decisions
- Open: add your own agenda items
The Contributor's meeting was spurred by discussions from the Contributor's Corner Forum, including:
- Define the roles of moderators and adopters and the impact upon other contributors
- Discuss content isssues, such as the manual of style, creating informative links, and more.
- Share best practices, ideas, and suggestions
- Move from talk to decision and implementation
The Technical Meeting previously handled many of these issues. It has recently evolved into technical issues that may not interest all contributors.
| Stay informed by visiting and adding your comments to the Wiki Contributor's Corner forum. Discussions in the forum are not just talking to be talking. You will be a vital part of making community decisions that affect the FamilySearch Wiki and its users.
Instructions for Attending the Web Meeting
| The link to join the weekly meeting appears on both the agenda page and also this home page for the Community Meeting. (See above)
- Select the desired "Connect Me" option and enter the phone number for MeetingPlace reach you.
- Click the Connect button
You can also attend the meeting without using your computer.
- Dial into 801-240-2663 (Local/International) or 877-453-7266 (US Toll-free)
- Follow the prompts to enter the Meeting ID
Prior to joining the meeting for the first time, please run the MeetingPlace Test to verify you can participate in a web meeting.