Family History Library/Group Visit: Group ActivitiesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
We have organized our group activities with a little bit of fun in mind! Please be aware that the Scavenger Hunt is an activity where you search for answers all over the library. The remainder of the group activities will be held in the computer lab.
Grab a scavenger hunt in the lobby and you're off hunting the five floors of the library! We will organize you in small groups of 2-4 people and we have many different scavenger hunts. As you find answers, you will be surprised at what you learn about the library! (abou 45 minutes)
Computer Lab Activities
The following group activities are interactive, and held in a computer lab. Each person will be working on his own computer. We have two computer labs, one with 23 computers and another one with 30 computers.(20-45 minutes)
- Do you like super heroes? How about learning more about your ancestors? This activity will teach you about both, with you looking up real people on FamilySearch.org that have the names of famour super heroes!
- Want to follow the Mormon pioneers on their trek across the United States? Here are questions that not only teach you how to use FamilySearch.org, but have a common thread that you must find.
- Similar to Pioneers, this activity is centered on teach you how to do family history online. Remember to look for the thread!
- An activity that is set more for young adults and above, this activity will help you look for twelve operatives that are doing their best to cover their trail. You will be looking for clues and pieces in order to complete the whole puzzle.
- With the young kids in mind, this activity will have them giggling with delight as they look for their favorite Disney characters and others in a fun, interactive session about family history.
Are You Smarter?
- We all know about Jeff Foxworthy, right? Well then, prepare to do family history and go back to your elementary school days...at the same time!
- This activity, themed for teenagers and young adults, will rock your world as you look for famous people from all walks of life and history using FamilySearch.org. Players, dig this, when this is finished, you'll all be a family history whiz!
Heroes and Villains
- Ever wanted to find the good guys and bad guys? Well, you won't be able to in this activity, but you will find real deceased individuals who have the same name as these comic and cartoon characters.
- Want the young ones to have some family history fun, but not sure how? Your solution is finally here! This simple activity was created with the young'uns in mind. They have to find our the basics of family history!
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News