Family History Library/Group Visit: Research Mini ClassesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Research: Hands-on Mini Classes
The library staff offers a 15 minute hands-on mini-class to help you get started with your research. Various topics are available for you to choose. Each topic is offered in one of our Computer Labs. We have two computer labs, one with 30 computers and another one with 23 computers. If you are interested, please choose one mini-class for your visit.
- Learn about the icons on the library desktop and how to navigate them. This class will help you understand what FamilySearch offers on our library desktop.
- An introduction to the FamilySearch website with a focus on records, learn, FamilySearch Centers, indexing, trees and books.
Family History Library Catalog
- The Family History Library Catalog or FHLC is the key to the records in the library. This class will show you different ways to search in the catalog to find records.
- A short introduction to FamilySearch indexing will have you on the road to indexing in no time! Come see how to help others find their ancestors with the records you index.
- Use your LDS account to log in to Family Tree and see the research that has been done on your ancestors.
- Learn some search basics to research the genealogical records in Ancestry. You will be on your way in no time!