Farmington Maine Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
"Located in the northwest mountains of Maine Farmington is a picturesque community with many colonial and Victorian home. It is a Shiretown and the location of The University of Maine at Farmington."
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
141 Woodfield Drive
From Center Bridge take Rt. 4 north to the stoplight at Main and Broadway. Turn right. After a block Broadway changes to Perham Street (Same street). Go straight about a mile. You will see the church sign on the right, and then Green Acres Apartments . Woodfield Drive is across the road on the left. It is hard to see as you approach. The chapel is at the end of the dead end street. Take the first driveway to the first door on your left. Sign is by the sidewalk. we are open even if there is no car.
- Open from 9:00 am-4:00 pm Tuesday and Thursday
- Open from 6:30-8)) pm some Wednesday (Call to check 778-2857
- By appointment call 778-2857
Closed all holidays
- Extended Christmas closing call 778-2857
- Closed if RSU#9 calls off classes and sometimes the day after
Calendar and Events
- By request
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
We have four computers, and a printer/copier. We also have microfilm reader and microfiche reader.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
- A Few Cemeteries in Maine: http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~mefrankl/cem.htm
- Maine Genealogy: http://www.mainegenealogy.net/
- Franklin County, Maine Genealogy: http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~mefrankl/index.htm
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News