Fayette County, Alabama GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Alabama-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
1866 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
1911--Fayette County Courthouse and much of the business section of Fayette destroyed by fire on March 24, 1911. Many county records lost. 
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
- Pleasant Hill Cemetery, Berry BillionGraves
- Bethlehem Cemetery, Fayette BillionGraves
- Musgrove Cemetery, Winfield BillionGraves
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Fayette County, Alabama Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ "Fayette County, Alabama," Wikipedia.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ GenDisasters.com - Fayette, AL Courthouse and Business Section Fire, Mar 1911 http://www3.gendisasters.com/alabama/10146/fayette-al-courthouse-business-section-fire-mar-1911