Fillmore County, Minnesota GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Minnesota-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
- Fillmore County Courthouse
101 Fillmore Street
Preston, MN 55965
507-765-3356 (Court Administration)
- 1853--Fillmore County was created 5 March 1853 from Wabasha County. County seat: Preston 
- For a brief history of how Fillmore County was named, click here. Then select Fillmore County.
Amherst Township | Arendahl Township | Beaver Township | Bloomfield Township | Bristol Township | Canton| Township | Carimona Township | Carrolton Township | Chatfield Township | Fillmore Township | Forestville Township | Fountain Township | Harmony Township | Holt Township | Jordan Township | Newburg Township | Norway Township | Pilot Mound Township | Preble Township | Preston Township | Spring Valley Township | Sumner Township
Forestville | Prosper
Civil War service men from Fillmore County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are many companies or regiments that were formed from men of Fillmore County.
- - 1st Regiment, Minnesota Cavalry (Mounted Rangers), Companies F and I.
- - 1st Regiment, Minnesota Heavy Artillery, Company D.
- - 2nd Regiment, Minnesota Cavalry, Company A.
- - 2nd Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company A.
- - 3rd Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company C.
- - 5th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company B.
- - 6th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company K.
- - 7th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company E.
- - 8th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company D.
- - 11th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company I.
- - Brackett's Battalion, Minnesota Cavalry, Company D.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Fillmore County, MN Genealogy Forum (GenForum)
- Family History Library Catalog
- Fillmore County GenWeb
- Cyndi's List: Fillmore County
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).