Finding a Genealogical Society in the United StatesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 01:00, 30 July 2008 by Davide
Here are some suggestions for finding genealogical societies in the U.S.A.:
- Most Genealogical Societies can be found on cyndislist.com On the homepage you can search for a society or browse an alphabetical list of societies. To browse through the societies follow these steps:
- Go to http://www.cyndislist.com
- Scroll down on the homepage to the Societies and Groups section.
- Choose a letter of the alphabet and browse through the list
- The Federation of Genealogical Societies thas over 500 societies as members. Go to http://www.fgs.org/ to identify them and to search for specific locations under “Federation Member Societies”
- Try a Google search with the words “Genealogical Society plus area (e.g. Portland Oregon)” or Historical Society plus area. This will usually identify local specific resources.
- You can also do a search of this site. Use the search box with a combination of the words Societies and the location of interest (e.g. Societies New York).
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More