Floyd County, Kentucky GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
1820 Perry County was created from Clay and Floyd counties.
1821 Pike County was created from Floyd County.
1821 Lawrence County was created from Floyd and Greenup counties
1822 Morgan County was created from Floyd and Bath Counties.
1843 Johnson County was created from Floyd, Lawrence and Morgan Counties.
1860 Magoffin County was created from Floyd, Johnson and Morgan counties.
1870 Martin County was created from Floyd, Lawrence, Johnson, and Pike counites.
1884 Knott County was created from Breathitt, Floyd, Letcher, and Perry counties.
1808-- A disaster destroyed some records.
Places / Localities
|Brainard||Goodloe||New Allen||West Garrett|
|Cliff||Hi Hat||Porter Junction||Witaker|
The following have information concerning African American research. Both should be used:
- African American Research (US) has more information about the kinds of records
- Kentucky Minorities has information specific to Kentucky African Americans.
Biographies, Family Histories, Gedcom Files, Genealogies etc.
Kentucky cemetery records often identify birth, death, relationship, and military information, as well as religious affiliation. Local volunteers through Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness may take photographs of headstones found in county cemeteries.
- Kentucky Historical Society Cemetery Search can be searched by name, place and/or date. This database has hundreds of thousands of names transcribed from gravestones across Kentucky.
- Find A Grave can be searched by the name of a person or family to find where a person is buried. Usually gives birth and death dates often with a picture of the tombstone. May give obituaries, names of family members and links to their information in Find A Grave.
- Find A Grave also gives a list of cemeteries in Floyd County and links to the information for the individuals buried there,
- Kentucky Cemeteries lists the national cemeteries in Kentucky with links to their web sites. The first link under Online Kentucky Cemeteries goes to the Kentucky section of Interment.net
- Floyd Co. KY USGenWeb Tombstone Project usually gives the names of the deceased in alphabetical order by last name with birth and death dates plus any remarks.
- The Family History Library Catalog lists some records of cemeteries in Floyd County. Some of the books or others may be on Google Books or available at public libraries.
- ePodunk list of Floyd County cemeteries gives the names of the cemeteries in the county with a link to more information such as address, phone number, and web site.ssgenealogy.com/cemetery/kentucky/floyd_county_cemeteries.htm Access Genealogy, Floyd County, Kentucky Cemetery Records]
The Tombstone Transcription Project Floyd county Cemeteries
Floyd Co., KY Census Records at KYGenWeb, Floyd County page.
Kentucky: State Board of Elections-County Clerks has contact information on all Kentucky County Clerks. Scroll down to find desired county or use the index at the top of the page.
Kentucky Court of Justice, Floyd County has contact information for Floyd County, Kentucky Circuit Court Clerk.
Floyd County, Kentucky at Wikipedia
Kentucky Digital Map Library Scroll down the page for links to early Floyd County maps.
Floyd Births at KYGenWeb, Floyd County page.
See KYGenWeb, Floyd County page for excel files of Floyd County births 1911-1920
Deaths at KYGenWeb, Floyd County page.
Floyd Co. Marriages at KYGenWeb, Floyd County page.
Marriage License of Floyd County Kentucky From 1808-1844