Ford County, Kansas GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Ford County, Kansas genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Ford County, Kansas|
Location in the state of Kansas
Location of Kansas in the U.S.
|Founded||March 6, 1873|
|County Seat||Dodge City|
|Address|| Ford County Courthouse|
100 Gunsmoke Street
Dodge City, Kansas 67801-4482
Ford County Courthouse
Dodge City, KS 67801
County Clerk has birth, death and burial records.
Probate Judge has marriage, probate and court records.
Clerk District Court has divorce records.
County Clerk has land records. 
- 1873--Ford County was created 6 March 1873 from Marion County and unorganized territory. County seat: Dodge City 
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Ford County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Ford County, Kansas page 250, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).