Forsyth County, North Carolina GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Forsyth County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
Forsyth County Courthouse
102 W 3rd Street
P O Box 20639
Winston Salem, NC 27101
Register of Deeds has birth, marriage and death records
Clerk Superior Court has divorce, probate and court records from 1849
- Forsyth County Cemeteries - via the NCGenWeb Archives
- Forsyth County Cemeteries - via Cemetery Census
- Forsyth County Cemeteries - listed at FindAGrave.com
For tips on accessing Forsyth County, North Carolina Genealogy census records online, see: North Carolina Census.
- Nazareth Church. Organized about 1778 by German settlers.
- Deeds: 1849-1965 -- can be searched online on the Forsyth County Register of Deeds website.
- Forsyth County Maps - via the NC Maps project
Civil War Confederate units - Brief history, counties where recruited, etc.
- Forsyth county newspapers - a listing of newspapers published in the county & libraries that hold them; via the Library of Congress
- Forsyth County residents in the newspaper - name listing of people from the county as located in misc. newspaper articles; time span varies. Articles indexed in the NC People in the Papers database.
- 1842-1932 - Will Books (1842-1932) have been digitized by FamilySearch - free.
- North Carolina Births and Christenings, 1866-1964 - search this name index to birth, baptism and christening records from the state; via FamilySearch
- Forsyth County Marriages - on the NCGenWeb Archives
- North Carolina Marriages, 1762-1979 - search this database of marriages from across the state - images included; via FamilySearch
- Forsyth County marriages - may be included throughout Carrie Broughton's 6-volume index of the Raleigh Register & State Gazette newspaper (1799-1893). Marriages are listed by year and PDF files are searchable. Available on the North Carolina Digital Collections website.
- Forsyth county deaths - list of county area deaths reported in various newspapers; dates range from late 1700s to 1900s.
- Misc. Obituaries - on the NCGenWeb Archives site
- North Carolina Death Certificates, 1906-1930 - search a statewide collection of freely available death certificates - images are included; via FamilySearch
- North Carolina Deaths & Burials, 1898-1994 - search death records from across the state; via FamilySearch
- Wake Forest University: 1903-2008
- Wake Forest University School of Medicine Yearbooks: 1943-2011
- Salem College: 1902-1983
- Forsyth County students at North Carolina colleges - a list alphabetized by surname from the NCGenWeb Yearbook Index
Societies and Libraries
- Forsyth County Genealogical Society
- Forsyth County Historical Society
- Forsyth County Public Library (NC Room)
Family History Centers
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Forsyth County, North Carolina. Page 508 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ "Nazareth Church," North Carolina Highway Historical Marker Program, http://www.ncmarkers.com, accessed 22 October 2012.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News