Forsyth County, North Carolina GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Forsyth County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
Forsyth County Courthouse
102 W 3rd Street
P O Box 20639
Winston Salem, NC 27101
Register of Deeds has birth, marriage and death records
Clerk Superior Court has divorce, probate and court records from 1849
- Forsyth County Cemeteries - via the NCGenWeb Archives
- Forsyth County Cemeteries - via Cemetery Census
- Forsyth County Cemeteries - listed at FindAGrave.com
For tips on accessing Forsyth County, North Carolina Genealogy census records online, see: North Carolina Census.
- Nazareth Church. Organized about 1778 by German settlers. Formerly located in Surry and Stokes counties.
- Deeds: 1849-1965 -- can be searched online on the Forsyth County Register of Deeds website.
- Forsyth County Maps - via the NC Maps project
Civil War Confederate units - Brief history, counties where recruited, etc.
- Forsyth county newspapers - a listing of newspapers published in the county & libraries that hold them; via the Library of Congress
- Forsyth County residents in the newspaper - name listing of people from the county as located in misc. newspaper articles; time span varies. Articles indexed in the NC People in the Papers database.
- 1842-1932 - Will Books (1842-1932) have been digitized by FamilySearch - free.
- North Carolina Births and Christenings, 1866-1964 - search this name index to birth, baptism and christening records from the state; via FamilySearch
- Forsyth County Marriages - on the NCGenWeb Archives
- North Carolina Marriages, 1762-1979 - search this database of marriages from across the state - images included; via FamilySearch
- Forsyth County marriages - may be included throughout Carrie Broughton's 6-volume index of the Raleigh Register & State Gazette newspaper (1799-1893). Marriages are listed by year and PDF files are searchable. Available on the North Carolina Digital Collections website.
- Forsyth county deaths - list of county area deaths reported in various newspapers; dates range from late 1700s to 1900s.
- Misc. Obituaries - on the NCGenWeb Archives site
- North Carolina Death Certificates, 1906-1930 - search a statewide collection of freely available death certificates - images are included; via FamilySearch
- North Carolina Deaths & Burials, 1898-1994 - search death records from across the state; via FamilySearch
- Wake Forest University: 1903-2008
- Wake Forest University School of Medicine Yearbooks: 1943-2011
- Salem College: 1902-1983
- Forsyth County students at North Carolina colleges - a list alphabetized by surname from the NCGenWeb Yearbook Index
Societies and Libraries
- Forsyth County Genealogical Society
- Forsyth County Historical Society
- Forsyth County Public Library (NC Room)
Family History Centers
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Forsyth County, North Carolina. Page 508 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ "Nazareth Church," North Carolina Highway Historical Marker Program, http://www.ncmarkers.com, accessed 22 October 2012.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More