Forsyth County, North Carolina GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This North Carolina-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
|Forsyth County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
Forsyth County, North Carolina
102 W 3rd Street
P O Box 20639
Winston Salem, NC 27101
Reg of Deeds has b, m, d
Clk Sup Ct has div, pro
ct rec from 1849
Forsyth formed from Stoks 16 Jan 1849
- Forsyth County Cemeteries - via the NCGenWeb Archives
- Forsyth County Cemeteries - via Cemetery Census
- Forsyth County Cemeteries - listed at FindAGrave.com
- Deeds: 1849-1965 -- can be searched online on the Forsyth County Register of Deeds website.
- Forsyth County Maps - via the NC Maps project
Civil War Confederate units - Brief history, counties where recruited, etc.
- Forsyth county newspapers - a listing of newspapers published in the county & libraries that hold them; via the Library of Congress
- Forsyth County residents in the newspaper - name listing of people from the county as located in misc. newspaper articles; time span varies. Articles indexed in the NC People in the Papers database.
- North Carolina Births and Christenings, 1866-1964 - search this name index to birth, baptism and christening records from the state; via FamilySearch
- Forsyth County Marriages - on the NCGenWeb Archives
- North Carolina Marriages, 1762-1979 - search this database of marriages from across the state - images included; via FamilySearch
- Forsyth County marriages - may be included throughout Carrie Broughton's 6-volume index of the Raleigh Register & State Gazette newspaper (1799-1893). Marriages are listed by year and PDF files are searchable. Available on the North Carolina Digital Collections website.
- Forsyth county deaths - list of county area deaths reported in various newspapers; dates range from late 1700s to 1900s.
- Misc. Obituaries - on the NCGenWeb Archives site
- North Carolina Death Certificates, 1906-1930 - search a statewide collection of freely available death certificates - images are included; via FamilySearch
- North Carolina Deaths & Burials, 1898-1994 - search death records from across the state; via FamilySearch
- Wake Forest University: 1903-2008
- Wake Forest University School of Medicine Yearbooks: 1943-2011
- Salem College: 1902-1983
- Forsyth County students at North Carolina colleges - a list alphabetized by surname from the NCGenWeb Yearbook Index
Societies and Libraries
- Forsyth County Genealogical Society
- Forsyth County Historical Society
- Forsyth County Public Library (NC Room)
Family History Centers
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News