Fort Worth Texas Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
This center is located in Southwest Fort Worth on Altamesa Boulevard between Hulen Street and Trail Lake Drive.
Center Contacts and Hours
FHC Phone: 817-292-8393 Director: 817-320-3073
Location & Map:
- Address: 5001 Altamesa Blvd, Fort Worth, Texas
- Enter on East side of LDS Church building / use stairs toward back corner of building
- Location on Map
Monday, Friday, and Saturday: 9:00 am - 1:00pm
Thursday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Tuesday and Wednesday: 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Holiday Schedule: Closed for several traditional holidays and some adjacent days including:
Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas/New Year
(Private appointments may be available during Christmas holidays -- call 817-320-3073)
Other Closures: One Saturday early in April and October for General Conference (call for dates)
During severe weather, the FHC will be closed -- call to check before visiting.
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to receive most of the films and microfiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- Films/fiche can be ordered by the patron at www.FamilySearch.org/films
- More than 3600 films are on extended loan plus many microfiche. See lists in book at FHC.
- 20 Volumes of Passenger and Immigration Lists Index (edited by Filby and Meyer)
- Numerous reference books and other materials
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal, which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Access to several personal Family History software applications, including Ancestral Quest, Family Insight, Legacy, and Roots Magic
Hardware and Equipment
- Six Internet-connected computers available for patron use
- Five microfilm readers and two microfiche readers.
- One film/fiche scanner and one flatbed scanner, with access to printer and flash-drive output.