Frøya, Sør-Trøndelag, Norway GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Contains parish registers from the parishes Nord-Frøya (Sletten), Froan chapel and Sør-Frøya (Hallaren) in Frøya clerical district. They were separated from Hitra clerical district in 1877. For earlier records see Hitra (Dolm clerical district. The Family History Library has micfrofilm copies of the church records from 1846-1923.
Digital images are online at Digitalarkivet.
- 1801, 1835, 1865, 1875 see Hitra (Dolm) clerical district.
- Sjeleregister, 1794, 1825-1827. The 1794, 1825-1827 census for Fosen prosti include the parishes of Hemne, Hitra, Frøya, Ørland, Stadsbygd, Åfjord and Bjørnør and is available on microfilm at the Family History Library.
- Folketælling for Norge, 3 Dec 1900. The 1900 census for Frøya clerical district includes the parishes of Frøya (Frøien), Nord-Frøya (Sletten), Sør-Frøya (Hallaren) and Froan (Froøyene) and is available on microfilm at theFamily History Library. Also available online at Digitalarkivet (Digital Archives) as well as at the Norwegian Historical Data Centre.
- Frøyværinger år 1900 : Folketellinga for Frøya i 1900. Matrikkelen for Frøya 1890. Matrikkelen for Frøya 1907. 1900 census and 1890 farm list for Frøya available on microfilm at the Family History Library.
- Folketellingen for Norge den 1te desember 1910. The 1910 census for Frøya clerical districtis is available online atDigitalarkivet (Digital Archives) as well as at the Norwegian Historical Data Centre.
Frøyaboka You can download the digital book.
Bygdebokservice (a company in Vestfold) publishes farm books as internet pages using a program called WebExe. With this program it is easy to search and look through the pages. It is also easy to copy the text you want to use.
The book for Frøya consists of local history articles and a discussion of all the farms in the kommune and the inhabitants in a historical perspective.
1681-1874: Probates may be found in Fosen judicial district.
1691-1814: Clerical probates may be found in Fosen Deanery.