Franklin County, AlabamaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Alabama-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
|Dates for major county records|
|For earlier dates, try...|
|Remember these collections|
|Franklin County, Alabama|
Location in the state of Alabama
Location of Alabama in the U.S.
|Founded||February 6, 1818|
410 North Jackson Ave.
Russellville, AL 35653, (256) 332-8861
Records burned 1890
Probate Judge has marriage, probate and land records from 1890
Clerk Circuit Court has court records from 1923 and divorce records
1818--Franklin County was created 6 February 1818 from the Cherokee and Chickasaw Cession of 1816.
County seat: Russellville 
1890 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
- Shady Grove Cemetery, Phil Campbell BillionGraves
|Fayette County, Alabama|
|1830||3547||Expression error: Unrecognised punctuation character "�"|
|1840||6942||Expression error: Unrecognised punctuation character "�"|
|1850||9681||Expression error: Unrecognised punctuation character "�"|
|1860||12,850||Expression error: Unrecognised punctuation character "�"|
|1870||7136||Expression error: Unrecognised punctuation character "�"|
|1880||10,135||Expression error: Unrecognised punctuation character "�"|
For tips on accessing Franklin County, Alabama census records online, see: Alabama Census.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Franklin County, Alabama Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Franklin County p. 37. ; .
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
We want your opinion!
Give feedback on two US state pages by clicking on the purple button belowClick Here