Franklin County, Alabama GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Alabama-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
1818--Franklin County was created 6 February 1818 from the Cherokee and Chickasaw Cession of 1816.
County seat: Russellville 
1890 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
- Shady Grove Cemetery, Phil Campbell BillionGraves
For tips on accessing Franklin County, Alabama Genealogy census records online, see: Alabama Census.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Franklin County, Alabama Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More