Franklin County, Arkansas GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Franklin County, Arkansas|
Location in the state of Arkansas
Location of Arkansas in the U.S.
|Founded||December 19, 1837|
Franklin County Courthouse
211 W Commercial Street
Ozark, AR 72949
County Clerk has marriage records from 1850,
probate records from 1838 and land records from 1899
See an interactive map of Franklin County boundary changes at N2Genealogy.
There are no known marriage records from Franklin County between 1837 and late in 1849, apparently the first marriage book must have been destroyed.
- Men from this county served in the 3rd Regiment, Arkansas Cavalry (Union)1 and the 7th Regiment, Arkansas Militia.
1Allen, Desmond Walls. Third Arkansas Union Cavalry (Desmond Walls Allen: Conway, Arkansas) 1987, pp. 33-92.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Franklin County, Arkansas Genealogy
- Franklin County, Arkansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists : United States of America, 10th ed., (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002), p. 67.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
|This Arkansas-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More