Franklin County, KansasEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Franklin County, Kansas genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Franklin County, Kansas|
Location in the state of Kansas
Location of Kansas in the U.S.
|Founded||August 30, 1855|
|Address|| Franklin County Courthouse|
315 Main Street
Ottawa, Kansas 66067
Franklin County Courthouse
315 S Main
Ottawa, KS 66067
Clerk District Court has marriage, divorce, probate and court records.
Register of Deeds has land and military records. 
1855--Franklin County was created 30 August 1855 as an original county. County seat: Ottawa 
- Men from this County enlisted in 1st Infantry Regiment, Company A and 15th Cavalry Regiment, Company A.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Franklin County Genealogy Indexes - Many sources are indexed, such as probates, naturalizations, county marriages, county divorces, cemeteries, births, etc.
- Franklin County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Franklin County, Kansas page 250, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).