Franklin County, Massachusetts GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 16:21, 10 September 2008 by Standingve
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
The legislature approved special charters to allow Franklin and Hampshire counties to become regional councils of government.
- Named for Benjamin Franklin
- Created 24 June 1811 from Hampshire County.
Places / Localities
- City: Greenfield
- Towns: Ashfield . Bernardston . Buckland . Charlemont . Colrain . Conway . Deerfield . Erving . Gill . Hawley . Heath . Leverett . Leyden . Monroe . Montague . New Salem . Northfield . Orange . Rowe . Shelburne . Shutesbury . Sunderland . Warwick . Wendell . Whately
- Communities: Millers Falls . Northfield . Orange . Shelburne Falls . South Deerfield . Turners Falls
- Village: Lake Pleasant
- US Vol. 24
- page 87 - Atwood Family cemetery
Societies and Libraries
- The Franklin County MA GenWeb Project, an member of The MAGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Franklin County
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library catalog for Franklin County
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News