Franklin County, Massachusetts GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The legislature approved special charters to allow Franklin and Hampshire counties to become regional councils of government.
- Named for Benjamin Franklin
Places / Localities
- US Vol. 24
- page 87 - Atwood Family cemetery
For tips on accessing Franklin County, Massachusetts Genealogy census records online, see: Massachusetts Census.
1855 Massachusetts State Census—A free searchable index and images to the 1855 Massachusetts State Census can be viewed on the FamilySearch Record Search. This index includes every name listed on the census and is linked to an image including information about each person’s residence and age in 1855, birthplace, occupation, other family members, and neighbors.
1865 Massachusetts State Census—A free searchable index and images to the 1865 Massachusetts State Census can be viewed on the FamilySearch Record Search This index includes every name listed on the census and is linked to an image including information about each person’s residence and age in 1865, birthplace, occupation, other family members, and neighbors.
- 1858 map of Franklin County
- 1871 map of Franklin County
- 1890 map of Greenfield area
- 1895 map of Franklin County
Newspaperarchive.com ($) has historical newspapers available on-line. Their database has North Adams, MA newspapers (1895-1977), Pittsfield, MA newspapers (1858-1977), and Fitchburg. MA newspapers (1868-1977) covering local news that included Franklin County residents.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- The Franklin County MA GenWeb Project, an member of The MAGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Franklin County
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Franklin County (backup site)
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library catalog for Franklin County
- Massachusetts Genealogy Franklin County Genealogy
- Kindred Trails Franklin County Massachusetts Genealogy
- Cyndi's List Franklin County
- Local History and Genealogy Index Franklin County, Massachusetts
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), 181. [FHL book 973 D27e 2002].
|This Massachusetts-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.