Freeborn County, MinnesotaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Freeborn County Courthouse
411 S Broadway Avenue
Albert Lea, MN 56007
Phone: 507.377.5153 Details:
Clerk District Court has birth and death records from 1870,
marriage and court records from 1857. County Recorder has land records from 1854.
Probate Office has probate records from 1866. 
County seat: Albert Lea 
- For a brief history of how Freeborn County was named, click here. Then select Freeborn County.
Albert Lea | Alden | Armstrong | Clarks Grove | Conger | Emmons | Freeborn | Geneva | Glenville | Gordonsville | Hartland | Hayward | Hollandale | Manchester | Mansfield | Myrtle | Oakland | Petran | Twin Lakes
Albert Lea Township | Alden Township | Bancroft Township | Bath Township | Carlston Township | Freeborn Township | Freeman Township | Geneva Township | Hartland Township | Hayward Township | London Township | Manchester Township | Mansfield Township | Moscow Township | Newry Township | Nunda Township | Oakland Township | Pickerel Lake Township | Riceland Township | Shell Rock Township
Civil War service men from Freeborn County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies or regiments that were formed from men of Freeborn County.
- - 1st Regiment, Minnesota Cavalry (Mounted Rangers), Company H.
- - 2nd Regiment, Minnesota Cavalry, Company C.
- - 4th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company F.
- - 5th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company C.
- - 10th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company E.
- Naturalization records in the Freeborn County District Court. Click here.
Societies and Libraries
- Freeborn County Historical Museum Information about records in the historical library, lists of cemeteries, a county history and more.
Family History Centers
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Freeborn County, Minnesota page 364, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
We want your opinion!
Give feedback on two US state pages by clicking on the purple button belowClick Here