From FamilySearch Wiki
United States Maine Hancock Frenchboro
Frenchboro was first organized in 1840 as Long Island Plantation for election purposes from Long Island, Duck Island, Black Island, Placentia Island, Pond Island, Calf Island, Black Island, and Harbor Island. In 1857 it was incorporated as the town of Islandport; but that organization was surrendered in 1858 when it again became Long Island Plantation. In 1979 it incorporated as the town of Frenchboro.
Libraries and Historical Societies
Adjacent towns: Hancock Co.: Aurora | Great Pond | Manville | Osborn | Northwest-Hancock-Unorganized | Penobscot Co.: Bradley | Clifton