Gasconade County, Missouri GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Gasconade County Missouri genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Gasconade County, Missouri|
Location of Missouri in the U.S.
|Founded||November 25, 1820|
|Address|| Gasconade County Courthouse|
119 E 1st St #2; PO Box 295
Hermann, MO 65041
Gasconade County Website
County Clerk has birth records 1867-1897 and death records 1883-1901;
Recorder of Deeds has land records; Probate Judge has probate
See an interactive map of Gasconade County border changes at N2Genealogy.
To see a list of places in Gasconade County, click on [Show], in the bar above.
Osage County Historical Society has information on historic places from Gasconade, Maries & Osage Counties including sources and links to historic maps. Also see: Ramsay Place Names File (State Historical Society of Missouri).
There are 95 recorded cemeteries in the county.
- Map of Gasconade County townships (Histopolis)
- The University of Missouri Digital Library has digital copies of Missouri county plat books (ca. 1930) for all Missouri counties including Gasconade County. The city of St. Louis is not included in this collection.
- Newspaperarchive.com ($) has historical newspapers available on-line. Their database has Jefferson City newspapers from the early 1900's covering local news that included residents from Gasconade County communities.
- Missouri State Archives provides on-line access to Missouri Death Certificates more than 50 yrs old starting in 1910.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Gasconade County, Missouri. Page 400 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
|This Missouri-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.