Gaston County, North Carolina GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This North Carolina-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
|Gaston County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
|Founded||December 21, 1846|
1874--Courthouse fire destroyed many court records.
Early migration routes to and from Gaston County for European settlers included:
Civil War Confederate units - Brief history, counties where recruited, etc.
- Sacred Heart College - founded in 1892 by the order of the Roman Catholic Sisters of Mercy. Closed in 1987.
- Gaston County College Students - a name list of students at various NC colleges with identified hometowns in the county.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Gaston County, NCGenWeb - free genealogy resources; part of the national USGenWeb project.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), 847-61. (FHL Book 973 D27e 2002) WorldCat entry., and William E. Myer, Indian Trails of the Southeast. (Nashville, Tenn.: Blue and Gray Press, 1971), 12-14, and the book's pocket map "The Trail System of the Southeastern United States in the Early Colonial Period" (1923). (FHL Book 970.1 M992i) WorldCat entry.