Gaston County, North Carolina GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This North Carolina-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
|Gaston County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
|Founded||December 21, 1846|
Gaston County North Carolina
325 N Marietta St <br>
P O box 1578<br>
Gastonia, NC 28053<br>
Reg of Deeds has b, m & d rec from 1913<br>
Land records from 1847<br>
Clk Sup Ct has div & ct rec<br>
Gaston County was formed from Lincoln 21 Dec 1846<br>
1874--Courthouse fire destroyed many court records.
Early migration routes to and from Gaston County for European settlers included:
Civil War Confederate units - Brief history, counties where recruited, etc.
- Sacred Heart College - founded in 1892 by the order of the Roman Catholic Sisters of Mercy. Closed in 1987.
- Gaston County College Students - a name list of students at various NC colleges with identified hometowns in the county.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Gaston County, NCGenWeb - free genealogy resources; part of the national USGenWeb project.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), 847-61. (FHL Book 973 D27e 2002) WorldCat entry., and William E. Myer, Indian Trails of the Southeast. (Nashville, Tenn.: Blue and Gray Press, 1971), 12-14, and the book's pocket map "The Trail System of the Southeastern United States in the Early Colonial Period" (1923). (FHL Book 970.1 M992i) WorldCat entry.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More