Geary County, Kansas GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Geary County Courthouse
8th & Franklin;
Junction City, KS 66441
Formerly Davis County. Name changed to Geary 28 Feb 1889.
Probate Court has marriage and probate from 1860.
Clerk District Court has divorce records from 1860.
County Court has court records from 1937.
Register of Deeds has land records from 1858. 
1855--Geary County was created 30 August 1855 as an original county. County seat: Junction City 
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Geary County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Geary County, Kansas page 250, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News