Genealogical Society of PennsylvaniaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Genealogical Society of Pennsylvania|
The Genealogical Society of Pennsylvania
The society offers a variety of benefits for its members, including:
- 2 issues each year of the Pennsylvania Genealogical Magazine with articles and information pertaining to Pennsylvania and Pennsylvanians
- Access to databases in "Members Only" area of GSP's website
- 4 issues each year of Penn In Hand electronic newsletter, with reports of Society meetings, new publications of interest, meeting announcements, and members activities
- Free queries in Penn In Hand
- Discount on Research by Mail queries
- Discount on GSP-sponsored events
- 10% member discount on all GSP publications when purchased through Diane Publishing
- First Families of Pennsylvania — open to any GSP member who can prove descent from a Pennsylvania resident
In addition, the GSP website offers many free databases on its website that non-members can access.
History of the Society
Founded in 1892 as a non-profit organization, the Genealogical Society of Pennsylvania (GSP) was among the first in the United States to recognize the value of collecting and preserving the vital and personal records of those ancestors whose lives now comprise our American History. GSP is committed to preserving and publishing heretofore unpublished primary sources. The continuing dedication to this service enables the Society to make an increasingly significant contribution to the cultural life of our city, state, and indeed the whole country.
- The Genealogical Society of Pennsylvania (GSP) is proud to provide a wide variety of publications to both members and non-members. Our book distributor is Diane Publishing Co., which supplies publications for a number of Pennsylvania historical and cultural institutions.
- The Society produces a twice-yearly journal, the Pennsylvania Genealogical Magazine, and a quarterly newsletter, Penn in Hand.
- GSP offers a wide variety of programming, including workshops, conferences and webinars. Please visit our website for a complete schedule of our upcoming events.
- The Genealogical Society of Pennsylvania
- 2207 Chestnut Street
- Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Visit us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter!
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News