Genesee County, Michigan GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Genesee County Michigan genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Genesee County, Michigan|
Location of Michigan in the U.S.
|Founded||March 28, 1835|
|Address|| Genesee County Courthouse|
900 S Saginaw St.
Flint, MI 48502
Phone: (810) 257-3225
Genesee County Website
County Clerk has birth and death from 1867,
marriage and court records from 1835
and divorce records from 1890.
Probate Judge has probate records.
Cemetery custodians have burial. 
Genesee County is located northwest of the Detroit area and is north of Livingston County and Oakland County. It has a number of communities, including Grand Blanc, and the county seat is Flint.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
Civil War service men from Genesee County served in various regiments. Men often joined a regiment or a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are the military units that were formed in or had many men from Genesee County.
- Birth Records Table Alcona County Genealogical SocietyFree membership with registration.
- Marriage Records Table Alcona County Genealogical SocietyFree membership with registration.
- Death Records Table Alcona County Genealogical SocietyFree membership with registration.
- Michigan Birth Registrations, 1867-1902 -- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as name of child, birthdate and place, if still-born, illegitimate or twin, gender, race and record number.
- Michigan Marriage Registrations, 1868-1925 -- Free name indexes at FamilySearch. Records include such information as names of bride and groom, date of license, ages, race, residences, birthplaces, occupations and names of the fathers of the bride and groom.
- Michigan Death Registrations, 1867-1897 Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as name of deceased, date and place of death, gender, color, marital status, age in years, months and days, disease or apparent cause of death, birthplace, names and occupations of parents, and the date the record was made.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Introduction to LDS Family History Centers
- Flint Michigan Family History Center
- Grand Blanc Michigan Family History Center
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Genessee County, Michigan page 345, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).