Geneteka databaseEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Geneteka is a database created by Polish Genealogical Society. It is the biggest database concerning Polish genealogy, which contains over 10 milion indexes from many regions of Poland. Indexes are prepared by volunteers. In the past, the main source of indexes were year-end indexes. Now, when milions of records are available online, indexes are created based on records to eliminate errors. The information on the Geneteka website is available without any fees or login.
How to use Geneteka
- Visit Geneteka website.
- Choose the region you are interested in (you can click on map or list).
- If you know exact parish, you can choose name of that place from list in field Księga [book]. Next to dates are letters which describes type of records:
U - births, M - marriages, Z - deaths
- In field Księga [book] you can also choose an option "Wszystkie - wszystkie księgi" [all books] if you would like to search in that regiom for all entries with the name you provided. Then type the last name in field Nazwiska [Names].
- In fields "od roku" [from] and "do roku" [to] you can type years to limit results.
- Choosing an option "pozycji na stronie" you can set a limit of results perpage.
- Click "Wyszukaj" [Search]
- On result page you will get a table with folowing columns:
a) for births and deaths:
|L.p.||Rok||Akt||Imię||Nazwisko||Imię ojca||Imię matki||Nazwisko matki||Miejscowość||Data||Uwagi||Dodał|
|no.||year||# of record||First name||Last name||Father's first name||Mother's first name||Mother's maiden name||Place||Date||Notes||Added by|
b) for marriages:
|L.p.||Rok||Akt||Imię||Nazwisko||Naz. Matki||Imię||Nazwisko||Naz. Matki||Miejscowość||Uwagi||Dodał|
|no.||year||# of record||First name||Last name||Mother's maiden name||First name||Last name||Mother's maiden name||Place||Notes||Added by|
If there is an icon with label SKAN on the end of the row - you can get a scan of that record simply clicking on that icon.
- This page was last modified on 14 June 2013, at 19:51.
- This page has been accessed 1,659 times.