Georgia For Further ReadingEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 18:54, 11 September 2010 by DiltsGD
The following handbooks give more detailed information about research and records of Georgia:
- Adams, Marilyn. Georgia Local and Family History Sources in Print. Clarkston, Ga.: Heritage Research, 1982. (FHL 975.8 D23a.) WorldCat entry.
- Davis, Robert Scott, Jr. Research in Georgia. Easley, S.C.: Southern Historical Press, 1981. (FHL 975.8 D27d.) WorldCat entry.
- Dorsey, James E., comp., Georgia Genealogy and Local History: A Bibliography. Spartanburg, S.C.: The Reprint Co., 1983. (FHL 975.8 D23d.) WorldCat entry.
- Eichholz, Alice, ed. Red Book: American State, County, and Town Sources. Rev. ed. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 2004. (FHL 973 D27rb 2004.) WorldCat entry. Contains bibliographies and background information on history and ethnic groups. Also contains maps and tables showing when each county was created.
- Schweitzer, George K. Georgia Genealogical Research. Knoxville: G. Schweitzer, 1995. (FHL 975.8 D27s 1995.) WorldCat entry.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News