Godfrey County, Kansas GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 19:44, 26 December 2012 by Sandralpond
- 30 August 1855 Godfrey was created an original Kansas county.
- 3 June 1861 the former Godfrey County name was changed to the Seward (old) County.
- 26 February 1867 the former old Seward County name was changed to Howard County.
- 11 Mar 1875 Howard County was split into Elk and Chautauqua counties. 
For information about residents of Godfrey County, Kansas 1855-1861 try searching records of:
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), 250 Godfrey, 251 Howard, 256 Seward (old) County, Kansas. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "Godfrey County, Kansas (defunct)" in Kansas Counties in Kansas Historical Society at http://www.kshs.org/geog/geog_counties/view/county:GR (accessed 26 June 2012).
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News