Goodhue County, MinnesotaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Minnesota-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Goodhue County Courthouse
509 5th St W;
Red Wing, MN 55066
County Administrator has birth and death records from 1870,
marriage and probate records from 1854, divorce and court records from 1951.
Minnesota Hisotrical Society has divorce
and court records 1854-1950.
- 1853--Goodhue County was created 5 March 1853 from Wabasha and Dakota Counties. County seat: Red Wing 
- For a brief history of how Goodhue County was named, click here. Then select Goodhue County.
Bellechester | Cannon Falls | Dennison | Goodhue | Kenyon | Lake City | Pine Island | Red Wing |Wanamingo | Zumbrota
Belle Creek Township | Belvidere Township | Cannon Falls Township | Cherry Grove Township | Featherstone Township | Florence Township | Goodhue Township | Hay Creek Township | Holden Township | Kenyon Township | Leon Township | Minneola Township | Pine Island Township | Roscoe Township | Stanton Township | Vasa Township | Wacouta Township | Wanamingo Township | Warsaw Township | Welch Township | Zumbrota Township
Hader | Stanton | Moland
- List of Churches in Goodhue, the kind of records they hold and contact information.
- Goodhue County Biographies Searchable, donated, short biographies of historical Goodhue residents.
Civil War service men from Goodhue County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies or regiments that were formed from men of Goodhue County.
- - 1st Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company F.
- - 2nd Regiment, Minnesota Cavalry, Company F.
- - 3rd Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company D and E.
- - 4th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company D.
- - 5th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Companies A and H.
- - 6th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company F.
- - 7th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company G.
- - 8th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Companies F and H.
- - 10th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company D.
- - Hatch's Independent Battalion, Minnesota Cavalry, Companies A and C.
- - 1st Minnesota Company Sharpshooters, First Company only.
- List of microfilmed newspapers available at Goodhue Historical Society.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Goodhue County, Minnesota page 364, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More