Gouldsboro, MaineEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 18:29, 12 November 2013 by DiltsGD
Gouldsboro, also known as Goldsboro, is a town and former plantation in southeast Hancock County. It was first organized from Township Number 3, East of the Union River Livermore Survey (T3 EUR LS) as a plantation prior to 1789. That year the plantation was incorporated as a town. The part of Plantation Number 7 SD called West Bay Stream was annexed in 1845; and part of that plantation called the Sowle Tract was annexed in 1870. The spelling was changed to Gouldsboro in 1887. Gouldsboro land was set off to Winter Harbor in 1895. More Number 7 SD land was annexed to Gouldsboro in 1905.
Libraries and Historical Societies
Adjacent towns: Hancock Co.: ?
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News