Grady County, Oklahoma GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Grady County, Oklahoma genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
Grady County Courthouse
326 W Choctaw Street; PO Box 1009;
Chickasha, OK 73023
County Clerk has burial and military records from 1907;
Clerk Court has marriage, division, land, probate and court records from 1907
1907--Grady County was created 16 July 1907 from Chickasaw Lands.
County seat: Chickasha 
LDS Cemetery Records
Vol. 21 page 134 - Halcum Cemetery
- NewspaperArchive.com ($) has historical newspapers online including Lawton newspapers that may have included Grady County residents. This database is free at some libraries.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- The Grady County OK GenWeb Project, a member of The OKGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Grady County, Oklahoma. Page 559 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News