Grand Forks County, North Dakota GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Grand Forks County, North Dakota genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Grand Forks County, North Dakota|
Location in the state of North Dakota
Location of North Dakota in the U.S.
|Founded||January 4, 1873|
|County Seat||Grand Forks|
|Address|| Grand Forks County Courthouse|
151 S 4th Street
PO Box 1477
Grand Forks, ND 58201
Grand Forks County Website
Clerk District Court has birth records from 1903,
death records from 1908, divorce records from 1878,
burial and court reocrds, adoption records and change
of name; County Judge has marriage records from 1887
and probate records from 1880; Register of Deeds has
Vital Records consist of births, adoptions, marriages, divorces, and deaths recorded on registers, certificates, and documents. A copy or an extract of most original records can be purchased from the North Dakota Vital Records State Department of Health or the County Clerk's office of the county where the event occurred.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Grand Forks County, North Dakota Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Grand Forks County, North Dakota. Page 524 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More