Grand Isle County, Vermont GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Grand Isle County Vermont genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Grand Isle County, Vermont|
Location in the state of Vermont
Location of Vermont in the U.S.
|Founded||November 9, 1802|
|County Seat||North Hero|
|Address|| Grand Isle County Courthouse|
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 7,
North Hero, VT 05474-0007
Grand Isle County Website
Probate judge has probate records; town clerks have birth, marriage, death and land records
Towns Organized Before 1800:
Grand Isle 1779,
Isles La Motte 1779,
North Hero 1779,
South Hero 1779
Places / Localities
Extinct or Renamed Towns
Land and Property
Early migration routes to and from Grand Isle County for European settlers included:
"Vermont, Town Clerk, Vital and Town Records, 1732-2005" Browse images. Description: Vital and town records acquired from local town clerk offices. Source Information: Town officials in Vermont. Vermont Town Records. Town halls in Vermont.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library catalog for Grand Isle County
- The Grand Isle County VTGenWeb Project, an member of The VTGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Grand Isle County
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), 698. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ Land Grants That Became the Towns of Vermont - M at All Ancestors (Internet site)(accessed 4 April 2013).
- ↑ Michael J. Leclerc, Genealogist's Handbook for New England Research, 5th ed. (Boston, Mass.: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2012), 395. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 974 D27g 2012.
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists, 847-61.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More