Grant County, Oregon GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Grant County, Oregon|
Location in the state of Oregon
Location of Oregon in the U.S.
|Founded||October 14, 1862|
|County Seat||Canyon City|
|Address|| Grant County Court|
201 S. Humboldt St., #280
Canyon City, OR 97820
|Named for: General Ulysses S. Grant|
Named for General Ulysses S. Grant, General of the Union Army at the time.
Gold was discovered in what is now Canyon Creek in 1862, bring a gold rush into the area.
- Records Held at the Courthouse
County Records Inventory listing the records held at the Grant County Court House as of July 2004.
- Records Loss:
17 February 1899: Wheeler County set off.
23 February 1899: Harney County set off.
Places / Localities
Please do not format these pages unless you have contents to add to them.
- 1870 - the portion that is now Harney County was not enumerated
- 1880 - the portion that is now Harney County was not enumerated. This includes what is now Burns, Harney, etc.
- 1890 - most census's burned in fire and not available. Try finding state census.
- United States 1900 Census
- United States 1910 Census $
- United States 1920 Census $
- United States 1930 Census $
Church History and Records
Emigration and Immigration
- Ellis Island Passenger Arrival Records, 1892-1924, listing passengers who stated they are going to Grant County, Oregon
Land and Property
- Social Security Death Index, begins about 1962 to at least 2 months ago.
- Western States Marriage Index
Societies, Libraries and Museums
- The Grant County GenWeb Project, part of The ORGenWeb Project
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Grant County
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Grant County (backup site)
- webtree.com, listing individuals who born or died in Grant County, Oregon. Submitters of gedcoms may add, update or remove contents.
- Grant County Oregon History & Genealogy
- familysearch.org Records being added daily from indexing Granite Mountain Vault in Salt Lake City
- Family History Library FAVORITES Most used sites at Salt Lake City Family History Library. Click on the country on the MAP to see what is available for that state or country. Easy site to use. Updated regularly.
- Family History Library Catalog for Grant County.
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed.] (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), [FHL book 973 D27e 2002].