Grant County, South Dakota GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This South Dakota-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
17 June 1878: Government functions began after months of inactivity, after a petition to the Governor asking for the organization. Seat was at Inkpa City.
1881: County seat was moved to Milbank after November 1881 election, the case was appealed to court. Milbank won over 2 other towns.
1905, 1915, 1925
Unique information may include: Ethnic Background, Maiden Name, Church Affiliation and Military Service
- 1905 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
- 1915 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
- 1925 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
Church History and Records
Military History and Records
Societies, Libraries and Museums
- Grant County Library
207 East Park Ave
- Grant County History Society
Third Avenue and Third Street
PO Box 201
Milbank, SD 57252
Email Contact on site
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News