Grants Pass Oregon Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The Grants Pass Oregon Family History Center is located in the Grants Pass Stake building of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints at 1969 Williams Highway. Entrance to the Family History Center is on the Harbeck side. The staff is made up of people who love family history and enjoy helping other people find their roots. We are not professional genealogists. We serve all of Grants Pass but not the Cave Junction area as they have their own small FHC.
Center Contacts and Hours
- Address: 1969 Williams Highway, Grants Pass, Oregon
- Entrance to the Family History Center is on the Harbeck side of the building. There is a security system with a phone pickup to the center. A staff member will open the door for you.
- Location on Map
- Tuesday 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Wednesday 8:30 am - 8:30 pm
- Thursday 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Friday 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Closed during Thanksgiving week (Nov 26, 2013 - Nov 29, 2013)Reopens Dec 3, 2013
- Closed during Christmas holiday (Dec 24, 2013 - Jan 1, 2014) Reopens Jan 2, 2014
Grants Pass Family History Seminar - All Are Welcome To This FREE All Day Function
Saturday, October 12, 2013
- Registration: 8:00 - 9:00 am
- Guest Speaker: 9:00 - 10:00 am
- Classes: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Staff Training Meetings (staff only)
4th Tuesday of each month [except August and December] from 4:00 - 5:30 pm
Family History Library Catalog We have direct digital access to many collections and resources that formerly were available only by mail or personal visits.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. Hardware and Equipment
- Our center has 10 computers with printers and a copy machine. There are four microfilm readers and one microfiche reader.
- Center Services include free individual personal assistance.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
- The Grants Pass Genealogical Society is an active group of people dedicated to helping others find their family history. They hold monthly meetings with speakers who share various topics of genealogical interest. Their meetings are the second Tuesday of the month and are held in the LDS Church located in the same building as the Grants Pass Family History Center.
- The Josephine County Historical Museum has a large collection of information regarding the local area. They also sell local history books.
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.) <fck:hr>