Gratiot County, Michigan Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
(working on bread crumbs)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
''[[United States|United States]] [[Michigan]]
== County Courthouse ==
== County Courthouse ==
Revision as of 21:46, 29 January 2013
Gratiot County Courthouse
214 East Center St.
Ithaca, MI 48847
Phone: (517) 875-5215
County Clerk has birth, death, divorce and court records from 1867
and marriage records from 1855. Probate Court has probate records.
Register of Deeds has land records. 
1831--Gratiot County was created 2 March 1831 from unorganized territory. It was attached to Saginaw and Clinton Counties prior to organization 3 February 1855.
- Michigan Birth Registrations, 1867-1902 -- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as name of child, birthdate and place, if still-born, illegitimate or twin, gender, race and record number.
- Michigan Marriage Registrations, 1868-1925 -- Free name indexes at FamilySearch. Records include such information as names of bride and groom, date of license, ages, race, residences, birthplaces, occupations and names of the fathers of the bride and groom.
- Michigan Death Registrations, 1867-1897-- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as name of deceased, date and place of death, gender, color, marital status, age in years, months and days, disease or apparent cause of death, birthplace, names and occupations of parents, and the date the record was made.
- Michigan Obituary Records, 1850 - 2010: The Gratiot County Historical & Genealogical Society has made an obituary database online. Links to the obituaries can be found under the Items of Interest header on the right side of the page.
Societies and Libraries
Gratiot County Historical and Genealogical Society has resources for copies of original records from newspapers, funerals homes, phographs, and county birth, marriage and death records.
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Gratiot County, Michigan page 345, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News