Greene County, Georgia GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
This Georgia-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Greene County, Georgia Map
Location of Georgia in the U.S.
Facts Founded February 3, 1786 County Seat Hettinger Courthouse Address Greene County Courthouse
113 N Main
Greensboro, GA 30642-1109
Greene County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Probate Court has marriage, death and probate records;
Clerk Superior Court has divorce records from 1790,
court and land; records from 1785; County Health
Department has birth records from 1927
1787 -- town burned by Indians For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
1. Wills 1796-1806 (abstracts) Georgia Pioneers
2. Index to Estates, Inventories, Book A Georgia Pioneers
3. Index to Estates, Inventories, Book B Georgia Pioneers
4. General Index to all Wills 1798-1914 Georgia Pioneers
5. General Index to all Guardian, Administrators Bonds, etc. 1790-1943 Georgia Pioneers
6. Index to Wills and Appraisements, Book 2, 1794-1810 Georgia Pioneers
7. Index to Wills and Appraisements, Book 3, 1806-1816 Georgia Pioneers
8. Index to Wills and Appraisements, Book 4, 1817-1842 Georgia Pioneers
9. Index to Wills and Appraisements, Book 5, 1840-1877 Georgia Pioneers
1811 Greene County Tax Digest (digital images) Georgia Pioneers
- 1849-50, 1859-60, 1869-70, 1879-80 - Greene County, Georgia Genealogy Mortality Schedules at Ancestry ($).
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Greene County, Georgia Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Georgia Pioneers Georgia Pioneers
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Greene County, Georgia. Page 156 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).