Greene County, GeorgiaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
This Georgia-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
County CourthouseGreene County; 113 N Main; Greensboro, GA 30642-1109; Ph. 706.453.7716 Details: (Pro Ct has m, d & pro rec; Clk Sup Ct has div rec from 1790, ct & land rec from 1785; Co Hlth Dept has b rec from 1927)
1787 -- town burned by Indians For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
1. Wills 1796-1806 (abstracts) Georgia Pioneers
2. Index to Estates, Inventories, Book A Georgia Pioneers
3. Index to Estates, Inventories, Book B Georgia Pioneers
4. General Index to all Wills 1798-1914 Georgia Pioneers
5. General Index to all Guardian, Administrators Bonds, etc. 1790-1943 Georgia Pioneers
6. Index to Wills and Appraisements, Book 2, 1794-1810 Georgia Pioneers
7. Index to Wills and Appraisements, Book 3, 1806-1816 Georgia Pioneers
8. Index to Wills and Appraisements, Book 4, 1817-1842 Georgia Pioneers
9. Index to Wills and Appraisements, Book 5, 1840-1877 Georgia Pioneers
1811 Greene County Tax Digest (digital images) Georgia Pioneers
- 1849-50, 1859-60, 1869-70, 1879-80 - Greene County, Georgia Mortality Schedules at Ancestry ($).
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Greene County, Georgia Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Georgia Pioneers Georgia Pioneers
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).