Greensville County, Virginia Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Line 39:||Line 39:|
Revision as of 20:56, 8 November 2011United States Virginia Virginia Genealogy Greensville County Genealogy
- Main article: Greensville County, Virginia
It is anticipated that this bibliography will eventually identify all known family histories published about residents of this county. Use this list to:
- Locate publications about direct ancestors
- Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
- Identify publications, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, about an ancestor's "FAN Club" [Friends, Associates, and Neighbors]
- D.A.R. Hicksford Chapter (Emporia, Va.). Biographies of the Revolutionary War Ancestors and History of the Hicksford Chapter: National Society Daughters of the American Revolution. Va.: Hicksford Chapter, NSDAR, 1992. FHL Book 975.5573 D3b.
- Doyle, Stuart W. Roots Exposed the Lineage and Interrelationships of 15 Family Branches from Virginia's Sussex, Southampton and Greensville Counties. [Orlando, Fla.?]: S.W. Doyle, 2002. FHL Collection 929.273 D772ds [Includes Clanton, Graves, Heath, Hill, Hunnicutt, Maine, Massenburg, Reese, Seaborne, Smith, Vaughn, West, Wright and related families.]
- Joyner, Ulysses P. They Crossed the Blackwater: The First Settlers of Southampton County, Virginia. Orange, Va.: U.P. Joyner, 2001/2003. FHL Book 975.5552 H2j 2003.
- Pritchett, John W. Southside Virginia Genealogies. CD-ROM. Baltimore, Md.: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc., 2007. Free online index, courtesy: Virginians - The Family History of John W. Pritchett. [Includes a great deal of information about residents of Greensville County, see discussion of cited sources.] FHL US/CAN CD-ROM no. 3887. Purchase at Virginians.com.
- [Batte] Hamiln, Charles Hughes. "Batte and Allied Families: Genealogical Research Reports to a Client," The National Genealogical Society Quarterly, Vol. 60, No. 1 (Mar. 1972):8-12; Vol. 60, No. 2 (June 1972):103-107; Vol. 60, No. 3 (Sep. 1972):207-212. FHL Book 973 B2ng v. 60
- [Harris] Wiggins, Kathryn. The Harris Papers: A Genealogical Notebook. Camarillo, Calif.: K. Wiggins, 1968?. FHL Book 929.273 H24w
- [Howse] Mitchell, Mary Ann. The House of Howses. Jackson, Tenn.: M.A. Mitchell, 1988. FHL Book 929.273 H847m
- [Jackson] Staubach, Emilee Mills. Mills, Jackson Families: Early Court Records, Southside Virginia, Brunswick, Greensville. MSS., Clayton Library, Houston, Texas. FHL Collection 1317275 Item 1
- [Lanier] Ingersoll, Louise. Lanier: A Genealogy of the Family Who Came to Virginia and Their French Ancestors in London. Washington, D.C.: Goetz Printing Company, 1965. Digital version at World Vital Records ($).
- [Mills] Staubach, Emilee Mills. Mills, Jackson Families: Early Court Records, Southside Virginia, Brunswick, Greensville. MSS., Clayton Library, Houston, Texas. FHL Collection 1317275 Item 1
- [Price] Roach, Henry A. Levi Lloyd Price, 1842-1920, and Descendants. 1978. FHL Book 929.273 P931rh
- [Shehorn] Bell, Shirley Ann Hulett. Shehorn Family, ca. 1794-1969. Typescript. Microfilmed 2000: FHL Film 1425294 Item 2
- [Walton] Black, Roy W. Walton Family of Brunswick & Greensville Counties, Virginia and Morgan & Putnam Counties, Georgia. Typescript, 1955. FHL Collection 875417 Item 7
- [Watkins] Ewing, Evelyn Jones and Raymond W. Watkins. Watkins Family Information. Typescript. Microfilmed 1996: FHL Film 2055173 Item 2
- [Woodruff] Woodruff, Audrey Lee Wagner. Tall Trees in the Forest: The Woodruff Family of Virginia, Alabama, and Missouri. Kansas City, Mo., 1966. FHL Book 929.273 W86b
- [Woodruff] Woodruff, Howard W.The Woodroof-Woodrough-Woodruff Family: of Surry, Brunswick, Greensville counties, Virginia, 1700-1825, and Some Branches Who Migrated to Tennessee, Alabama, Missouri, Texas, 1820-1985. Independence, Mo.: A.L. Woodruff, 1985. FHL Collection 929.273 W86w; digital version at Internet Archive. [Revised and updated version of Tall Trees in the Forest (1966).]
- [Wyche] Town, Jan Wyche. Wyche Family History. Burleson, Texas: J.W. Town, 1989. FHL Book 929.273 W971t
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More