Habersham County, GeorgiaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Habersham County Georgia genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Habersham County, Georgia|
Location of Georgia in the U.S.
|Founded||December 15, 1818|
|Address|| Habersham County Courthouse|
555 Monroe Street #35
Clarkesville, GA 30523-0227
Habersham County Website
Probate Court has marriage and probate records from 1819,
birth and death records from 1940; Clerk Superior Court has
divorce, Court and land records, from 1819
1818--Habersham County was created 15 December 1818 from Cherokee Indian lands.
County seat: Clarkesville
1882 and 1895 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
Marriages from newspapers 1885-1886 Georgia Pioneers
- Ledford, Karen Ann Thompson. These Men Wore Grey Genealogical, Military, and Interment Records of Confederate Soldiers. (Toccoa, Georgia : K.T. Ledford, c1998-c2001), 7 Volumes. Each volume contains bibliographical references and full-name index. Contents: v. 1. Franklin County -- v. 2. Habersham County --v. 3. Stephens County -- v. 4. Rabun County --v. 5. White County -- v. 6. Banks County -- v. 7. Jackson County. Book found at FHL 975.8 V3L and Other Libraries.
1. Estates 1820-1850 (abstracts) Georgia Pioneers
2. Minutes 1842-1853 (abstracts) Georgia Pioneers
3. Index to Inventories, Appraisements, Sales 1819-1928 Georgia Pioneers
4. Index to Annual Returns, Vouchers, 1879-1957 Georgia Pioneers
- 1859-60, 1869-70 - Habersham County, Georgia Mortality Schedules at Ancestry ($).
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Cornelia Georgia Family History Center (Mount Airy)
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Habersham County, Georgia Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Georgia Pioneers Georgia Pioneers
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Habersham County, Georgia. Page 156 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/5/57/Igigeorgiael.pdf.
|This Georgia-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.