Hamilton County, Florida GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Florida-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
|Hamilton County, Florida|
Location in the state of Florida
Location of Florida in the U.S.
|Founded||December 26, 1827|
Hamilton County Courthouse
207 NE 1st Street
Jasper, FL 32052
County Judge has marriage and probate records.
Clerk Circuit Court has divorce and court records from 1881
and land records from 1837. 
1929 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
Places / Localities
- Brooks County, Georgia
- Clinch County, Georgia
- Echols County, Georgia
- Lowndes County, Georgia
For tips on accessing Hamilton County, Florida Genealogy census records online, see: Florida Census.
The 1885 Florida State Population Census includes sex, age, relationship, occupation, place of birth of each family member and parents. Also census for agriculture, manufacture and mortality.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Hamilton County FLGenWeb Project, a member of TheFLGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- Hamilton County, Florida Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Hamilton County, FLGenWeb Project, Inc.
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Hamilton County, Florida Page 134 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News