Hamilton County, Nebraska GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Hamilton County, Nebraska genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Hamilton County, Nebraska|
Location in the state of Nebraska
Location of Nebraska in the U.S.
|Founded||February 16, 1867|
|Address|| Hamilton County Courthouse|
1111 13th Street, Ste. 1
Aurora, Nebraska 68818-2017
Hamilton County Courthouse
1111 13th St. Ste. 1
Aurora, NE 68818
County Clerk has marriage and land records from 1870.
County Judge has probate and court records.
Clerk District Court has divorce records. 
1867--Hamilton County was created 16 February 1867 from unorganized territory. County seat: Aurora 
For tips on accessing Hamilton County, Nebraska Genealogy census records online, see: Nebraska Census.
Early migration routes to and from Hamilton County, Nebraska Genealogy for European and African American settlers included:
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Hamilton County, Nebraska page 431, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ Jim Tompkins, "The Oregon Trail 1841-1848 Map I" in Oregon Trail Landmarks at http://www.oregonpioneers.com/OTMap1.jpg (accessed 18 July 2011).
- ↑ "Oregon California Trails Association" at http://octatrails.micromaps.com/ (accessed 18 July 2011).
- ↑ "The Pioneer Story: The Mormon Pioneer Trail" in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints at http://lds.org/gospellibrary/pioneer/pioneerstory.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).
|This Nebraska-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News