Hampden County, Massachusetts GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 06:40, 16 September 2008 by Dsammy
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
- In 1997, the county governments of Hampden, Berkshire, Essex, Hampden and Worcester were abolished.
- Their functions were turned over to state agencies.
- Sheriffs in these counties still administer jails but their employees are state employees.
- The legislation to abolish these county governments transferred Registeries of Deeds to the jurisdiction of the Secretary of the Commonwealth.
- Bristol, Dukes, Nantucket, Norfolk, Plymouth and Suffolk county governments remain substantially unchanged.
- Created 25 February 1812 from Hampshire County.
Places / Localities
- Cities: Agawam . Chicopee . Holyoke . Springfield . West Springfield . Westfield
- Towns: Blandford . Brimfield . Chester . East Longmeadow . Granville . Hampden . Holland . Longmeadow . Ludlow . Monson . Montgomery . Palmer . Russell . Southwick . Tolland . Wales . Wilbraham
- Communities: Bondsville . Holland . Monson Center . Palmer . Three Rivers . Wilbraham
- Villages: Feeding Hills . Forest Park
Societies and Libraries
- The Hampden County MAGenWeb Project, an member of The MAGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Hampden County
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library catalog for Hampden County
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More